IES Graduate Student Fellowships - Luigi Einaudi Graduate Dissertation Fellowship
Application Deadline: November 22, 2020
The Luigi Einaudi Graduate Dissertation Fellowship is a full year fellowship available to graduate students in modern European government, history, economics, and related social science fields.
The fellowship is designed to enable a graduate student to conduct field and archival research focused on Europe for a period of up to one year (but not shorter than six months). To be eligible, applicants must have completed the "A" exam in their department, or have an exam date scheduled prior to submitting their application, and have a dissertation project approved by their special committee.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Quality of the research proposal in a social science field
- Validity and feasibility of the applicant’s research project
- Research and professional qualifications
- Strength of the student’s academic performance and letters of recommendation
- 8-10 page project proposal (double-spaced)
- 2 letters of recommendation
The award consists of a graduate student stipend for 2 semesters, in absentia fees, and enrollment in Cornell's student health insurance plan (SHIP).
Contact IES with questions about this award.