IES Graduate Student Fellowships - Manon Michels Einaudi Grant
Application Deadline: November 22, 2020
This graduate research grant offered in the name of Manon Michels Einaudi honors the memory of a Cornell faculty wife and mother whose life exemplified much of the beauty of Western civilization.
One award is given each year for graduate research in a field close to Mrs. Einaudi's own interests: European art and architecture; art history; literature; philosophy; and culture. Graduate students in those fields whose research is in Europe and who are recommended by their faculty committee are eligible.
The primary aim of the Manon Einaudi Grant is to help Cornell doctoral candidates explore possible topics or otherwise launch their dissertation work, although applications from students whose dissertations are already in progress may also be considered if funding is available.
Applicants will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Evidence that funded research focused on Europe will advance the applicant’s doctoral program
- The practicality of the applicant’s research proposal
- Applicant's academic performance and qualifications to complete the proposed project
- Strength of the applicant's letters of recommendation
- 4-5 page project proposal (double-spaced)
- 1 letter of recommendation
Winners receive $3,500 in funding, distributed through their bursar account.
The Manon Michels Einaudi Grant competition is conducted together with the IES Graduate Research Grant and Michele Sicca Grant competitions. Candidates submit a single application and are automatically considered for each of the awards.
Contact IES with questions about this award.