The Einaudi Center’s faculty small grant program is designed to support and co-sponsor international activities and events. Tenured and tenure-track Cornell faculty are eligible to apply for these small grants, as are faculty-led programs and centers within the university, irrespective of their college or school of origin.
The grant’s general objective is to support and co-sponsor international studies conferences, workshops, seminars, events, and other activities organized under the leadership of internationally engaged faculty at Cornell. We are particularly interested in proposals that:
- Increase the global knowledge and competence of junior faculty;
- Advance international research by junior faculty;
- Generate new knowledge that addresses key economic, environmental, social, cultural, and political problems in the world;
- Have discernable benefits to international studies at Cornell;
- Conform to the highest academic standards.
Note: The Einaudi Center does not accept proposals from previous Einaudi Center awardees who have failed to turn in their final report by the deadline stated in the award letter, or proposals from recipients whose projects are still in progress.
Amount of award
Not to exceed $ 5,000
Continuous (awards are announced within two months of the application)
Grants can support expenses related to course development, conferences, workshops, seminars, and other events. Grants will not provide salary offset or summer salary, computers, student stipends or tuition.
Period of activity
All funds must be used within one year of award date.
Interested faculty should submit a proposal including:
- A description of background, objectives, activities, work plan, expected outputs, beneficiaries, and impact (not to exceed 1,500 words)
- A detailed budget with justification of expenses
- Curriculum Vitae for principal faculty involved
- Human subjects approval, where necessary
The online application is now open. Please click here to apply.
Please contact Dr. Heike Michelsen, Associate Director for Academic Programming for the Mario Einaudi Center for International Studies (email@example.com, tel. 607-255-8926).