Skip to main content

Fulbright-Hays Faculty Research Abroad Program

Application Timeframe: Not Currently Offered
Sunset in Bangkok, Thailand


This Department of Education program supports faculty conducting international research in modern foreign languages and area studies. The Einaudi Center will assist you through the application process, beginning with your intent to apply. 

Start your application by emailing our Fulbright project director, David Holmberg, to indicate intent to apply. Please note that your application must be submitted through the university and have your department chair's approval.

What is the Fulbright-Hays Program?

The Fulbright-Hays FRA Program provides grants to colleges and universities to fund individual faculty members. Funded faculty conduct research in other countries in modern foreign languages and area studies for periods of three to twelve months.

Can I go to any country?

Projects focusing solely on Western Europe and North America are not eligible. The program does not fund projects in countries on suspension. For a current list of suspended countries, email the Fulbright director.

What expenses are covered?

  • International travel expenses 
  • Maintenance stipend based on the fellow's academic year salary
  • Project allowance for research-related expenses 

Additional Information

Funding Type

  • Program


  • Faculty