Research Travel Grants for Graduate Students
Application Deadline: March 8, 2024
Do you need to travel internationally for your short-term research or fieldwork?
The Einaudi Center sponsors international travel for individual Cornell graduate students. If you’re traveling between the United States and a host country for activities directly related to your dissertation or thesis research, Einaudi can help you get there.
Two-Time Recipient: Research in New Delhi
- Travel grants cover international airfare for activities directly related to the student’s dissertation or thesis research.
- The awards do not fund travel to international conferences or expenses other than international airfare.
- Travel must originate and end in the United States.
- Minimum stay abroad is 14 days, and maximum stay is six months.
- Awards are based on the proposal submitted at the time of application.
- Travel must take place between May 1, 2024 and August 31, 2025, and cannot be funded retroactively.
International Travel Approval
Due to the high rate of vaccination among the Cornell community, the university is relaxing some of the COVID-19 travel restrictions. However, all students must register their travel in the Travel Registry and follow the guidelines.
Graduate and professional students do not need to petition for travel to CDC or Department of State 1, 2, or 3 level countries. Travel to level 4 countries must be approved by the International Travel Advisory & Response Team (ITART).
To receive the award, selected students must follow the university’s guidelines to petition for permission to travel internationally, to be submitted no earlier than six weeks and at least two weeks before the scheduled travel. In addition, students must participate in a short, online international travel predeparture orientation course in order to receive travel approval.
Please be aware that regardless of your destination, approval may be withdrawn if there is a change in the risk level of your destination or if we find you violate any contingencies of approval given. In such instances, you will be required to refund the award.
November 13, 2023 at 8:30 a.m. ET.
March 8, 2024 at 12:00 p.m. ET.
Up to $2,000.
Graduate students or students enrolled in Cornell’s professional schools are eligible, with the following exceptions:
Students graduating in May 2024
- Students who have not used 2023 awards
Email the Einaudi Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).