International Research Travel Grants
Application Deadline: March 29, 2021
Do you need to travel internationally for your short-term research or field work?
The Einaudi Center sponsors academic travel for individual Cornell graduate students and professional students. If you’re traveling between the United States and a host country for activities directly related to your dissertation or thesis research—or for other academic experiences in the international arena—Einaudi can help you get there.
- Travel grants must be used for airfare only.
- The awards do not fund travel to international conferences.
- Travel must originate and end in the United States.
- Minimum stay abroad is 14 days and a maximum of six months.
- Awards are based on the proposal submitted at the time of application.
- Applicants who need to change the country or topic after being award the grant can send in a petition for consideration, given the uncertainty surrounding travel.
- Travel should take place between June 1, 2021 and August 31, 2022 and cannot be funded retroactively.
International Travel Approval
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, awards for international travel will be made contingent on travel approval. The current travel policy prohibits international travel and will remain in effect until May 31. Requests for permission to travel must be for travel after May 31.
To receive the award, selected students must follow the university’s guidelines to petition for permission to travel internationally, to be submitted no earlier than six weeks and at least two weeks before the scheduled travel. In addition, students must participate in a short, online international travel predeparture orientation course in order to receive travel approval.
Please be aware that regardless of your destination, approval may be withdrawn if there is a change in the risk level of your destination or if we find you violate any contingencies of approval given. In such instances, you will be required to refund the award.
March 29, 2021 (noon).
Up to $2,000.
Graduate students or students enrolled in Cornell’s professional schools are eligible, with the following exceptions:
- Students graduating in May 2021
- Students who have not used 2019 or 2020 awards