EAP hosts several interdisciplinary and transnational research initiatives involving faculty, graduate and undergraduate students, and fellow researchers of East Asia studies. Spring 2021 Event Schedule
- EAP's Graduate Student Steering Committee organizes professionalization workshops, lectures, networking, and social events for academic and career growth.
The Cornell Contemporary China Initiative is a forum for exchanging leading thought and research on contemporary China and its global impact.
- The annual Hu Shih Distinguished Lecture is given by an influential scholar of East Asian history.
- For scholars interested in premodern Sinographic (古文) text, there is the Cornell Classical Chinese Colloquium 古文品讀 reading group.
- The Translation Studies Initiative is a critical inquiry on the theoretical and practical import of translation through workshops and publications focused on East Asia.
- Wong Chai Lok is a renowned Chinese calligrapher and educator whose work has been exhibited at Cornell's Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Art. The Wong Chai Lok Calligraphy Fellowship, a fund established in his name, occasionally awards a fellowship to a calligrapher of outstanding merit to exhibit their work and provide an artist's residency at Cornell.