LACS expands the intellectual presence of Latin America across campus by organizing an array of campus activities:
- A weekly seminar series run by our graduate fellows
- Workshops, symposia, and conferences
- An annual visiting lecture
- Initiatives intended to bring graduate students and scholars from Latin America to Cornell’s campus
- An undergraduate Latin American Studies minor
- A graduate Latin American Studies minor
The program often creates media recordings of the events it hosts.
Latin America and the Caribbean Library Collections
The Cornell University Library's collection encompasses a rich and varied universe of printed volumes, digital resources, maps, media, and archival materials. The Latin America and the Caribbean Collections contains over 300,000 titles.
Language Resource Center
The Language Resource Center supports language teaching and learning. It maintains a student facility with technology-based resources and environments for language learning. It also hosts Spanish and Portuguese language discussion groups.
LACS welcomes Cornell undergraduates and graduates in all fields of study who are interested in studying and conducting research in Latin America or the Caribbean to apply for the Lat