Abraham and Henrietta Brettschneider Oxford Exchange Fund
Application Deadline: March 14, 2022
The purpose of the Abraham and Henrietta Brettschneider Oxford Exchange Fund is to facilitate academic exchanges between Cornell and Merton, New, and Nuffield Colleges of Oxford University (UK).
The awards are open to faculty, staff, postdoc, graduate, and undergraduate scholars, and are designed to promote scholarly interchange between Cornell and the three Oxford colleges, primarily in the social sciences and humanities. Cornell scholars from all colleges are invited to apply.
Successful grant applicants will receive funding to support research stays at one of the above-listed Oxford colleges. The award also is open to faculty-student research teams to travel to Oxford and collaborate with their faculty and students and make use of Oxford’s extensive research and library resources. Appropriate uses of the fund include thesis or dissertation research, workshop participation, support for study abroad or field research-based out of Oxford, and initiating or sustaining research partnerships. Projects that foster ongoing, close collaboration in the social sciences and humanities between Cornell and Oxford are given priority.
- Project abstract
- Four to five-page (double-spaced) research proposal
- Bibliography (does not count towards proposal page limit)
- Detailed budget (does not count towards proposal page limit)
- Proposed research timeline (does not count towards proposal page limit)
- One faculty letter of recommendation (for graduate and undergraduate students)
Contact IES with questions about this award.