Frederic Conger Wood Research Fellowship
Application Deadline: March 10, 2023
Established in 1993 with a generous bequest from the estate of Cornell alumnus and trustee, Frederic Conger Wood, the these fellowships support research in Europe by undergraduates.
Undergraduates from all colleges are invited to submit applications to pursue research projects or internships focused on Europe. In a typical year, during the summer, Conger Wood Fellows spend 2-8 weeks of field study in Europe and on their return write up the results of their research, often in the form of an honors thesis. These fellowships can be combined with research projects in connection with attending Cornell summer courses taught in Europe.
Funding Request Guidelines
- 2-3 week internship/project at 20-40 hours per week = $1,000 - $2,000
- 4-8 week internship/project at 20-40 hours per week = $2,000 - $4,000
Funding will be distributed through bursar accounts to be made available for use in Summer 2023.
- 4-5 page project proposal (double-spaced) with bibliography
- Budget (identify the level of funding requested using the options above, and list your estimated costs for airfare, lodging, food, etc.)
- 1 letter of recommendation
Contact IES with questions about this award.