Frederic Conger Wood Research Fellowship
Application Deadline: March 13, 2023
Established in 1993 with a generous bequest from the estate of Cornell alumnus and trustee, Frederic Conger Wood, the Frederic Conger Wood Research Fellowships support research in Europe by undergraduates.
Undergraduates from all colleges are invited to submit applications to pursue research projects and internships focused on Europe. In a typical year, during the summer, Wood Fellows spend 2-8 weeks of field study in Europe and on their return write up the results of their research, often in the form of an honors thesis. Interested students are encouraged to prepare a proposal with the assistance of a faculty or staff advisor.
- 5-6 week internship/project at 20 hours per week = $1,500
- 5-6 week internship/project at 40 hours per week = $3,000
- 8-10 week internship/project at 20 hours per week = $3,000
Funding will be distributed through bursar accounts to be made available for use in Summer 2022.
- 4-5 page project proposal (double-spaced)
- Budget (identify the level of funding requested using the options in the description above)
- 1 letter of recommendation*
Contact IES with questions about this award.