Frederic Conger Wood Research Fellowship
Application Deadline: March 14, 2022
Established in 1993 with a generous bequest from the estate of Cornell alumnus and trustee, Frederic Conger Wood, the Frederic Conger Wood Research Fellowships support research in Europe by undergraduates.
Undergraduates from all colleges are invited to submit applications to pursue virtual internships and research projects focused on Europe. In a typical year, during the summer or winter, Wood Fellows spend 2-8 weeks of field study in Europe and on their return write up the results of their research, often in the form of an honors thesis. Due to COVID-19 and the current travel restrictions, students will need to apply for travel approval using the University's travel review process and may not be able to travel. The funding may be used to support a remote internship or research project. Interested students are encouraged to prepare a proposal with the assistance of a faculty or staff advisor.
- 5-6 week internship/project at 20 hours per week = $1,500
- 5-6 week internship/project at 40 hours per week = $3,000
- 8-10 week internship/project at 20 hours per week = $3,000
Funding will be distributed through bursar accounts to be made available for use in Summer 2022.
- 4-5 page project proposal (double-spaced)
- Budget (identify the level of funding requested using the options in the description above)
- 1 letter of recommendation*
Contact IES with questions about this award.