Michele Sicca Research Grant
Application Deadline: March 14, 2022
The Michele Sicca Research Grant was created by the late Mario Einaudi, Goldwin Smith Professor of International and Comparative Politics and former Director of the Center for International Studies. Michele Sicca was an anti-fascist physician with whom Professor Einaudi worked in exile during the Mussolini period.
The primary aim of the Sicca grant program is to help Cornell doctoral candidates explore possible topics or otherwise launch their dissertation work, although applications from students whose dissertations are already in progress may also be considered if funding is available.
- Evidence that field research in Europe will advance the applicant’s doctoral program
- The practicality of the applicant’s research proposal
- Applicant's academic performance and qualifications to complete the proposed project
- Strength of the applicant's letters of recommendation
- 4-5 page project proposal (double-spaced)
- 1 letter of recommendation
Winners receive $3,000 in funding, distributed through their bursar account. The Michele Sicca Grant competition is conducted together with the IES Graduate Research Grant and Manon Michels Einaudi Grant competitions. Candidates submit a single application and are automatically considered for each of the awards.
Contact IES with questions about this award.